Our Home from Hospital service facilitates a timely discharge by helping patients to return to a home which is safe, suitable and warm.
We can also carry out free home safety checks and arrange for work to be done when the patient is home, with the aim of reducing the risk of readmission.
We can take referrals at any point in the patient journey but the sooner you get in touch with us the better. Do contact us as soon as you become aware that work to the home may be needed for discharge or to reduce the risk of readmission. Typically we respond to referrals on a same day basis.
Our service includes:
- Home safety checks to identify safety hazards including: trip and falls risks, health risks, lack of necessary facilities and evidence of fuel poverty.
- Rapid sourcing of funds for necessary cleaning and clearance, repairs and adaptations identified from home visits/discharge plans.
- Co-ordination of trusted tradespeople who are geared up to carry out repairs and adaptations on an urgent basis, for hospital discharge.
- In-house handyperson team to carry out minor adaptations, to include grab-rails, mop-stick rails, key-safes, telecare and minor works to remove clutter and fall and trip hazards – typically completed within 2 working days.
- One-to-one casework from our trusted assessor trained case managers – including information and advice relating specifically to independent living.
- Referral of service users to other statutory, voluntary and charitable agencies for additional and ongoing support and assessment. We link up with Accessible Homes and refer for assessments for DFGs.
To refer a client please contact our Customer Service team on 0300 323 0700. For more information about our Home from Hospital Service or training for your team, please contact our case managers who will be happy to help:
Ian Trigg – Project Manager
Mob. 07507 869359
Dawn Kelly – Project Manager
Mob. 07415 072125
Pete Bryant – Home from Hospital Technician
Mob. 07436 102625