We value the individual skills and experiences that volunteers bring to our organisation and seek to provide opportunities for volunteers to share these. Our volunteers tell us that volunteering for us is an exciting, rewarding and enjoyable experience.
What our volunteers say
“I enjoy volunteering with We Care. I love meeting different people, helping them with their queries and pointing them in the right direction. It’s great knowing that the clients are satisfied.
I decided to become a volunteer after the prompt response I got from We Care when my patio door lock got broken. The work men were spot on, cheerful and hardworking. And within 2 days my new patio door was in – I was very impressed!
When I was asked if I would like to become a volunteer I was not sure how I would manage but I have and I’ve been volunteering with Care & Repair ever since.”
“Working as a volunteer with We Care since early 2015 has ticked all the boxes for me. I knew I would shortly be retiring, having worked for 40 plus years, and I was looking for something that would enable me to use the experience I had gained during my working life. And – if I am honest – help with this period of transition.
It has been really great working closely with the other volunteers and the staff of We Care. Everyone is really open to new ideas – we all listen to one another. And knowing that we will have helped to improve someone’s life makes it all worthwhile.”
“We Care helped me and I wanted to try and give something back, so when I received the feedback form I ticked the “I want to volunteer” checkbox. I did that with no hope of a reply… At that time myself-esteem was a little low and I felt nobody wanted me. I had applied before to some other places and received no reply. I think they prefer young people.
“When I received a call from the volunteers coordinator asking me to come for an Interview it was a real boost for me! I am old and disabled but still have brains and a voice. I like talking to people – especially when they are in the same boat as me. I joined a couple of We Care talks. I was so happy talking to people about the work We Care can do. It was a positive experience and I am very grateful.”
Come and volunteer with us
Volunteering for us provides the opportunity for you to:
- Volunteer in a flexible way that suits your lifestyle.
- Make a difference to your local community by enabling people to make informed decisions about their home and housing-related issues.
- Develop essential skills to enhance your CV and improve employability.
- Receive regular supervisions and support together with access to on-going training.
- Inform decision making around volunteer opportunities and be involved in volunteer recruitment and training.
- Become a valued part of our friendly team, be involved in social meetings and activities and be offered free tea, coffee & often cake!
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
What we need from you
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about positively representing the organisation.
- Willing to undertake training, attend volunteer meetings and supervisions.
- Committed to adhering to our policies surrounding safeguarding, professional boundaries, confidentiality, data protection and any policies that are highlighted as being necessary to carry out your voluntary role.
- Prepared to complete an application form and attend an informal interview.
- Happy to share two references and complete a DBS check if required depending on the voluntary role.
We encourage applications from anyone, aged 18+, with a passion for making a difference. We particularly welcome applications from people aged 50+, from BAME communities and people with experience of having housing repairs, adaptations or moving house.
To find out more and how you can volunteer with us, visit Jobs and volunteering and see what roles are available.