Living well with dementia
Tues 10 December 2019 from 3pm – 7pm
Our staff and occupational therapist will be on hand to give advice on how the home can be enhanced to help people with dementia to live comfortably and independently at home for as long as they choose. We will have various dementia-friendly products on display that can help with:
- Practical day to day activities
- Maintaining independence
- Increasing safety
- Reassuring loved ones
- Wellbeing and comfort
And will include:
- Easy to use mobile phones
- Detectors for carbon monoxide, smoke, flooding, gas and heat
- Fall alarms and detectors
- Sensor lighting
- Keysafes to allow authorised people to access to a front door key
- GPS locators
- Robotic pets
- Fiddles muffs for restless hands
- Talking photo albums
- Reminder devices
Our staff can also advise on long term considerations for enhancing the home to ensure it meets current and future needs.
What we can offer
Our Home Independence Centre has accessible bathroom displays, shower units, toilets and bidet systems, adapted kitchens, stairlifts and a through floor lift for you to see and try out if you’d like to.
We can design and install accessible bathrooms that are dementia-friendly. This includes level access showers with no step to get into the shower, shower seats and grab rails to improve any risk of falls, low surface temperature radiators to reduce the risk of scalding, contrasting colours so that different items stand out and easy-to-use shower controls.
We can make bespoke adaptations to the home, tailored to personal needs. If you’re thinking of a garage conversion, home extension, a downstairs toilet, or anything else to make your home more accessible to you, we can give you more information on this.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Home Independence Centre and sharing some festive treats!
How to find us
- Parking is available on site after 5pm.
- Before 5pm there is limited availability on-site.
- Pay and display parking is available on Midland Road.
Join the event on Facebook
- The event is free but if you use Facebook, it would be great to let us know you’re coming.
Tell your friends and colleagues
- Print and share the Dementia event flyer
Did you know?
- Staff member Julie Derrick is a Dementia Friends Champion. In the last few months, she has been delivering dementia awareness sessions to our staff so that they have a better understanding of dementia and how they can help our customers with dementia.